Some of the things I like about these new-ish devices:
- The convenience of having them always ready to go
- Very little smell
- Never dry out or go “bad”
- Unlike a joint, they won’t get squished inside your pocket
- Pretty cool and “futuristic”.
Once you figure out how to get them out of the puzzle box they call a “child-proof package”, before even attaching them to the battery pen (most people don’t realize this yet) is to take off the rubber coverings and take a long, strong pull on the cartridge (again this is before threading it on the battery) to pull lots of air through the cartridge and thereby saturating the atomizer coil with the concentrate liquid. This will ensure that the metal coil does not get scorched by the heat source first time your cartridge is connected. There’s a chance that your cartridge will taste burnt (or at least not as good as it’s supposed to taste) if you forget to do this crucial step. We call this “Priming the Cartridge”.
Now that it’s good and primed, carefully thread the 510 Vape Cart onto your 510 battery pen. Never force the cartridge onto the threads as this can strip the threading. Occasionally, if the cartridge is screwed on too tightly, it can case connection issues so if you’re not seeing any smoke from your draws, loosen the cartridge slightly and try again.
Some other issues that could be causing your 510 Vape device to stop working properly are as follows:
- If you’re getting airflow but no smoke, it’s likely a power issue. Make sure your battery is charged (they are sold with a partial charge).
- If you’re positive your battery is charged and you’re not seeing smoke from a draw, make sure your battery is turned on (if there’s a button, usually clicking it 5 times quickly will toggle it ON/OFF. Often a light will come on while drawing.
- If you’re positive it’s charged and turned on, there may be a connection issue with the battery. Unscrew the cartridge and clean both contacts with a q-tip and isopropyl alcohol, then let both parts dry and reconnect.
- If you draw and no air is flowing through, it’s likely just plugged with dried oil. Just draw extra hard and the blockage should release.
Now that you’ve got it all working properly, please remember: This is concentrated THC oil. You won’t need to inhale as much as with dried flower to get the effect you want. I understand that these devices are fun, extremely convenient and really tasty, but if you use it too often you can raise your tolerance level for THC, thereby eventually needing to use more to gain the same effect.
My advice is to take only one small pull and wait at least 5 minutes before deciding if you really need another one. Sometimes the effect seems light at first but will increase after a few minutes. Please use these responsibly. Thanks!